Gusto-2 Ultra-Low Power NVM IP
Gusto™ Product Availability
- Capacity: 256Kb to 1Mb
- Process: 65LP and 55LP
- Foundries: TSMC, UMC, SMIC, & GLOBALFOUNDRIES
Gusto-2 Ultra-Low Power NVM IP for Code Storage
Gusto-2 is the second generation of Kilopass code storage antifuse non-volatile memory (NVM) intellectual property (IP) that serves a new emerging class of small ultra low-power, one-chip designs. Single chip systems must run for years on a coin cell battery or harvest energy for operation. These designs cannot accept the shadow SRAM leakage in addition to the power of the off-chip serial EEPROM or flash. Such designs need an on-chip NVM: (1) that has near zero standby current; (2) that has the area, active and standby power equal to or better than the shadow SRAM it replaces; (3) support code storage capacities ranging from 32kB to 128kB; (4) has sufficient bandwidth to support execute-in-place operation.
Ultra-low power system-on-chip (SoC) designs in this category perform functions such as
- Remote wireless sensors for monitoring health and fitness, home automation, and security
- Near-field communications (NFC) for digital wallet, wireless financial transactions, electronic identification driver’s license, passport, fare collection, and others as well as
- Applications serving the emerging market of Internet of things.
Gusto-2 will take up a less than a quarter of the designer’s total chip area and power budget. Gusto-2 uses significantly less standby power than the shadow SRAM, consumes less active power than the shadow SRAM and serial Flash/EEPROM it replaces, in a die area that is equivalent to shadow SRAM alone. Gusto-2 delivers 400MB/s throughput, sufficient to enable efficient execute-in-place operation.
Gusto-2™ Ultra Low Power Code Storage
- Flexible, field-programmable memory
- Asymmetric power domain shut down
- Fast programming time
- Wide read datapath: up to 128 bit for efficient XIP
- Read bandwidth up to 400MB/sec
- Low standby power (3 uW) and active power (0.1 mW/MHz)
- Built in self-test and repair
- Read Operating Temperature Range: -40C to 125C (Junction)
- Programming Operating Temperature Range: -20C to 125C (Junction)
- Data Retention: more than 10 years
- ROM conversion with ROM-it!
Gusto-2 ™ Deliverables
- Front-end: FRAM, Antenna LEF, Verilog model, Synopsys model
- Back-end: GDS, DRC & LVS reports, PIPO log
- Collateral: datasheet, test methodology guide, integration guide, application notes